Individualised nutrition advice is fundamental to optimal sporting performance, whether you’re a professional athlete or a weekend warrior or just want to improve your health & vitality.
The right nutrition will:
1. optimize your energy levels & make exercise easier & more enjoyable
2. help you to recover more quickly
3. reduce post-exercise muscle soreness
4. improve your immune function
5. enable you to get the most out of each session
This translates into improved sporting performance, although of course, you don't have to be an athlete to see us. We are more than happy to provide support & advice to people of all fitness levels, from couch potatoes to elite athletes.
Sportspeople often spend a fortune on equipment, & devote countless hours to their training sessions, but can be unaware that getting their nutrition right is equally important. Some athletes rely on nutrition advice provided by other sportspeople & unfortunately this may not result in improved performance. Individualised nutrition advice is essential, because we all have different requirements.
We provide cutting-edge information on nutrition as well as useful & practical advice to help improve your performance. You can rest assured that the advice we provide is unbiased & scientifically-based.
In Australia, an Accredited Sports Dietitian is regarded as the most qualified nutrition professional to see for sports nutrition advice.
Our Accredited Sports Dietitian can provide individualised advice regarding:
- General nutrition & sports nutrition advice (you don't have to be an athlete to see us)
- Nutrition strategies to enhance sporting performance & help you gain a competitive edge
- Reduction of body fat
- Increase in muscle mass
- Race day nutrition plans
- Pre-competition nutrition
- Nutrition to enhance recovery
- Advice relating to cramping
- Monitoring of fluid & hydration
- Advice regarding gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, reflux, stitch, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating etc
- Information about supplementation
Louise is a full member of Sports Dietitians Australia & is also a personal trainer, having completed Cert 111 & 1V in Fitness. She has helped a wide variety of sportspeople – ranging from those who simply want to improve their health & fitness, through to national-ranked athletes who want to gain a competitive edge utilising the latest nutritional strategies.
Louise is the only Accredited Sports Dietitian on the Coffs Coast, & one of only a handful of Accredited Sports Dietitians in regional NSW. She also previously carried out a Level 1 triathlon coaching course as well as Level 2 Coaching Principles through the NSW Academy of Sport.
Louise has had the privilege of helping athletes from a variety of different sports & has a special interest in endurance sport. She previously competed in triathlons, & has had numerous wins and placings during her years in the sport, in events ranging from sprint (500m swim, 20k bike, 5k run) up to Ironman distance (3.8k swim, 180k bike, 42.2k run).