Individualized nutrition advice is fundamental to optimal sporting performance. Making some simple nutritional changes can greatly enhance an athlete's ability to train hard and recover, which in turn translates into improved sporting performance. This is especially true with endurance athletes. So if you're serious about your sport come and see us at Coffs Coast Nutrition. Having said that, you don't need to be an athlete to see us. We are happy to assist people of varying fitness levels, from couch potatoes to elite athletes.
Improved nutrition will:
- optimize your energy levels and make exercise easier and more enjoyable
- help you to recover more quickly
- reduce post-exercise muscle soreness
- improve your immune function
- enable you to get the most out of each session
We provide cutting-edge nutrition information as well as useful and practical advice to help improve your performance.
In Australia, an Accredited Sports Dietitian is the most qualified nutrition professional to see for sports nutrition advice.
The Sports Dietitians at Coffs Coast Nutrition can help with:
- General nutrition and sports nutrition advice
- Nutritional strategies to enhance sporting performance
- Reduction of body fat and/or increased muscle mass
- Pre-competition and race day nutrition
- Nutrition to enhance recovery
- Advice relating to cramping
- Monitoring of fluid and hydration
- Advice regarding gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, reflux, stitch, runner's gut, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating etc
- Information about supplementation
- Individualized meal plans (prepared by Kelsey and Ali)
About Louise Williams
Louise has helped many sportspeople – ranging from those who simply want to improve their health and fitness, through to national-ranked athletes who want to gain a competitive edge utilizing the latest nutritional strategies.
Louise is the only Accredited Sports Dietitian on the Coffs Coast. She also previously carried out a Level 1 triathlon coaching course as well as Level 2 Coaching Principles through the NSW Academy of Sport.
Louise has had the privilege of helping athletes from a variety of different sports. She previously competed in triathlons, and has had numerous wins and placings during her years in the sport, in events ranging from sprint (500m swim, 20k bike, 5k run) up to Ironman distance (3.8k swim, 180k bike, 42.2k run).
She has worked with state and national level athletes in a diverse range of sports including triathlon (sprint distance to IM), running, cycling, swimming, adventure racing, AFL, rugby league, rugby union, strength athletes, jockeys, dancers and more.