Children have unique nutritional needs due to the fact that they must meet their requirements for daily activity, as well as the special needs for growth & development. It is important for children to receive all the nutrients they need in order to ensure that they grow & develop normally. Poor nutrition in childhood is difficult to make up for later in life.
Our dietitians are experienced in both adult & childhood nutrition, & have helped many families to improve their overall health & well-being through a personalised approach.
Melinda provides expert nutritional assessment & advice regarding:
- Weight management (both overweight & underweight)
- Fussy eating
- Iron deficiency
- Behavioural problems such as ADD and ADHD
- Gastrointestinal problems: diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, nausea
- Food allergies & intolerances
Are you worried that your child’s diet may be lacking in valuable nutrients? Why not ask about our computerised dietary analysis.
- Also available via email, if preferred.
- Our computerised nutrition assessment will determine your child’s actual calorie / kJ intake, as well as his / her fat, protein, carbohydrate, vitamins & mineral intake. This will then be compared to your child's recommended intake.
- You will need to supply us with a 3 day food diary & provide details of your child’s age, height, weight & usual activity levels. We will use this information to analyse your child’s diet & prepare a report detailing whether their diet meets their actual requirements, & provide guidance on easy changes that can be made to improve nutritional adequacy.
- To access our food diary template, simply click on "Services" then scroll down to "Nutrition Assessment" tab. At the bottom of the page you will find our Food Diary template. You can also send us additional information on your child's medical history, weight history, diet and activity levels, as any other information that you feel may be helpful. We then use this information to assess your child's requirements and ensure that we provide the best possible advice for your situation.