AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill ®
The AlterG Treadmill uses NASA technology to reduce loading during walking & running. The treadmill uses differential air pressure to reduce percentage of body weight, enabling pain free walking or running at anywhere from 20% to 100% body weight. It can help people to maintain cardiovascular fitness while at the same time ensuring a safe, quick return from injury or surgery. Athletes can carry out high intensity interval sessions on the AlterG to improve sporting performance.
You have the option of purchasing 30, 45 or 60 minute AlterG sessions on either a casual basis or in packs of 10, from as little as $15 per 30 minute session.
Our exercise professional has AlterG certification for orthopaedic, weight loss, neurologic, geriatric & bionic leg populations & works alongside other health professionals to ensure the best possible outcome.
Rehabilitation & Improved Sporting Performance
- Physical therapy following injury or surgery to the foot, ankle, knee, hamstring, hip etc: allows early rehab & partial weight-bearing to help restore natural gait & range of motion
- Lower back pain: does not put pressure on the back & therefore enables progression from low level walking to jogging (if desired)
- Arthritis: allows pain-free movement
- Gait training & strengthening: enables neuromuscular & proprioceptive re-training for people with neurological conditions such as stroke or Parkinson’s
- Strengthening & conditioning for older people: without the risk of falling
- Weight management: maximum capacity 180kg
- Stress fractures: foot, ankle, shin, thigh etc
- Injury prevention: for athletes & people involved in fitness programs
The AlterG is utilised & recommended by top physiotherapists & exercise physiologists, rehab clinics, hospitals, universities & weight management facilities in major capital cities. It is also used by elite athletes, the AIS, most top AFL & NRL teams & the Aust Army.
Contact: Col Williams 0428 528 333
2. Improved sporting performance
The world’s best athletes & sports teams now use the AlterG as an essential part of their athletic conditioning & rehab programs, as it enables them to reduce the load on their legs which in turn decreases the risk of injury. AlterG technology allows injured sportspeople to maintain their pre-injury fitness & can enhance running performance in non-injured athletes.
You don’t need to be injured or an elite athlete to benefit from the AlterG.
- Safe & easy to use. Sportspeople simply need to attend one orientation session. Unsupervised AlterG sessions can then be arranged, if preferred
- Improve performance. Push training sessions further & longer with less pain & less risk of injury
- Maintain & develop cardiovascular fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Build endurance & leg strength without the usual pounding & impact on the body
- Recover faster & with less pain
- Injured athletes can focus on training with a good running style which helps them to avoid the development of poor running form, which often happens when returning from injury
- Ideal for triathletes & runners undergoing heavy training & aiming to stay injury-free as it enables additional run sessions to be carried out without the pounding associated with running on the road
- Gives athletes the confidence to push themselves harder & enables them to train at faster speeds than normal, with reduced body weight
- Easily track progress during training & rehab
AlterG is used by elite athletes, the AIS, most top AFL & NRL teams & the Aust Army. Until now, residents between Coffs Harbour & the Gold Coast have not had the opportunity to use the AlterG, however Coffs Coast Nutrition has now purchased this technology. Our Exercise Professional is registered with Fitness Aust & has additional clinical AlterG certification for orthopaedic, neurologic, weight loss, geriatric & bionic leg populations, & works alongside other health professionals to ensure the best possible outcome.