Testimonial: Andrew Rowlings - Head Coach RETRO (Rowlings Endurance Triathlon and Running Org)
Having had numerous RETRO athletes utilize the AlterG treadmill at Coffs Coast Nutrition over the past 18 months, there is little doubt in my mind that the versatility and multiple benefits have been vital in their pre-race preparations.
From injury recovery, low-load speed sessions, race simulation, recovery runs, leg-speed adaptation… runners and triathletes of all abilities have utilised the state-of-the-art AlterG technology regularly.
International marathon winners, ultra trail winners, national level runners, well performed triathletes: all part of our training group who have incorporated specific AlterG sets into their regular training programs.
Going forward, I will continue to utilize AlterG work for my athletes.
RETRO (Rowlings Endurance Triathlon and Running Org)
Testimonial: Glenn George - triathlete
After a couple of years of seemingly continuous running based injuries (seemed like old age was catching up!)I had all but given up any idea of continuing my triathlon career. I'm an every day athlete, and I've completed a lot of extreme endurance events from ironman triathlons to multi day adventure races, but was now resigned to watching from the sidelines. Then my coach Andrew Rowlings suggested trying the alter G. This machine is amazing. It has allowed me to continue running with normal gait and stride, but under vastly reduced load which means no injuries! I would highly recommend using the alter G for anyone either coming back from injury, managing chronic injury or even for those looking to reduce the risk of injury for their speed sessions. It would also be perfect for those looking to begin a limited exercise regime in order to improve their level of fitness or just to get healthy. Col is super helpful and the facilities are great. Thanks guys.
Testimonial: Alison Howle - runner & triathlete
Weekly sessions on the Alter-G have allowed me to start running again following a severe lower back injury. The low impact running offered by the Alter-G has provided me with a safe way of increasing my leg speed and the duration of my runs. I cannot recommend it highly enough for runners recovering from injuries
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill ®
The AlterG Treadmill uses state of the art NASA technology to reduce loading during walking & running. The treadmill uses differential air pressure to reduce percentage of body weight, enabling pain free walking or running at anywhere from 20% to 100% body weight. It can help people to maintain cardiovascular fitness while at the same time ensuring a safe, quick return from injury or surgery. Athletes can carry out high intensity interval sessions on the AlterG to improve sporting performance.
There is the option of purchasing 30, 45 or 60 minute AlterG sessions on either a casual basis or in packs of 10, from as little as $15 per 30 minute session. Sessions are available 7 days per week (bookings essential).
Our exercise professional has AlterG certification for orthopaedic, weight loss, neurologic & geriatric populations & works alongside other health professionals to ensure the best possible outcome.
Rehabilitation & Improved Sporting Performance
- Physical therapy following injury or surgery to the foot, ankle, knee, hamstring, hip etc: allows early rehab & partial weight-bearing to help restore natural gait & range of motion
- Lower back pain: does not put pressure on the back & therefore enables progression from low level walking to jogging (if desired)
- Arthritis: allows pain-free movement
- Gait training & strengthening: enables neuromuscular & proprioceptive re-training for people with neurological conditions such as stroke or Parkinson’s
- Strengthening & conditioning for older people: without the risk of falling
- Weight management: maximum capacity 180kg
- Stress fractures: foot, ankle, shin, thigh etc
- Injury prevention: for athletes & people involved in fitness programs
The AlterG is utilised & recommended by top physiotherapists & exercise physiologists, rehab clinics, hospitals, universities & weight management facilities in major capital cities. It is also used by elite athletes, the AIS, most top AFL & NRL teams & the Aust Army.
Please do not ring this mobile number for nutrition-related matters
2. Improved sporting performance
The world’s best athletes & sports teams now use the AlterG as an essential part of their athletic conditioning & rehab programs, as it enables them to reduce the load on their legs which in turn decreases the risk of injury. AlterG technology allows injured sportspeople to maintain their pre-injury fitness & can enhance running performance in non-injured athletes.
You don’t need to be injured or an elite athlete to benefit from the AlterG.
- Safe & easy to use. Sportspeople simply need to attend one orientation session. Unsupervised AlterG sessions can then be arranged, if preferred
- Improve performance. Push training sessions further & longer with less pain & less risk of injury
- Maintain & develop cardiovascular fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Build endurance & leg strength without the usual pounding & impact on the body
- Recover faster & with less pain
- Injured athletes can focus on training with a good running style which helps them to avoid the development of poor running form, which often happens when returning from injury
- Ideal for triathletes & runners undergoing heavy training & aiming to stay injury-free as it enables additional run sessions to be carried out without the pounding associated with running on the road
- Gives athletes the confidence to push themselves harder & enables them to train at faster speeds than normal, with reduced body weight
- Easily track progress during training & rehab
AlterG is used by elite athletes, the AIS, most top AFL & NRL teams & the Aust Army. Until now, residents between Coffs Harbour & the Gold Coast have not had the opportunity to use the AlterG, however Coffs Coast Nutrition has now purchased this technology.
Contact: Col Williams 0428 528 333 or Coffs Coast Nutrition 02 6652 7529 or
Please do not ring the above mobile number for nutrition-related matters