People sometimes think that a Dietitian simply counts calories or puts people on diets, however that could not be further from the truth at Coffs Coast Nutrition.
We provide specialised nutrition advice health as well as lifestyle coaching to empower people to achieve good health & vitality. We will guide you towards making healthy lifestyle changes & wholesome, tasty food choices & provide heaps of motivation & support along the way. We also look at issues that sometimes cause people to eat poorly, such as emotional factors, stress, & lack of time. We have no association with any company, corporation or government department, which means that you can rest assured that you will receive honest, unbiased advice.
We won't put you on restrictive diets, however having said that, we understand that some people prefer more structure, & in these situations we are happy to provide customised meal plans that are tailored to your individual likes & dislikes. These detailed meal plans are available to people who see us in person & also anyone who prefers email or phone contact.
We provide advice to ensure that you receive all the nutrients required for metabolic health. Unbalanced diets provided by people who have only basic nutritional knowledge often result in short-term weight loss, but are difficult to stick with on a long-term basis & can leave you feeling frustrated, tired, run down & lacking in nutrients.
As APDs we have the qualifications & expertise to help people effectively manage medical conditions utilising nutritional therapy. Other people such as personal trainers are not adequately qualified to provide such specialised advice as this is outside their Professional Scope of Practice.
Coffs Coast Nutrition also has an Accredited Sports Dietitian who can provide assistance to athletes & sportspeople of all levels.
Even if you feel you know what to do, we can help. It’s often hard to maintain motivation on your own, but simply being accountable to someone that you trust, can make all the difference in the world.
Coffs Coast Nutrition also has Personal Trainers & a Fitness Trainer who are available to provide a fun, effective personal training service. This can be carried out in our private studio gym or outdoors, if you prefer.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- I am confused about conflicting nutrition advice (these days it can seem as if everyone feels they are a nutrition 'expert')
- I have tried many diets but regained the weight...
- I know what to do, but can't get motivated...
- I feel that I have a sluggish metabolism...
- I need nutritional advice regarding a medical condition such as diabetes, heart disease, coeliac disease, irritable bowel etc
- I am often tired, run down & lacking in energy...
- I suffer from constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, reflux, nausea etc...
- I would like to maximise my sporting performance...
- I am stressed & don't sleep well...
- I want to improve my overall health & well-being...
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, then the friendly team at Coffs Coast Nutrition can help.
The dietitians / nutritionists at Coffs Coast Nutrition are:
- Registered with Medicare, Department of Veteran's Affairs & private health funds
- Qualified to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. This means that we have the medical & scientific knowledge, qualifications & experience to provide nutrition advice to people with medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, gastrointestinal disorders etc.
- University qualified in nutrition, dietetics, biochemistry, physiology & more.
- Members of DAA.
- Members of Sports Dietitians Australia - SDA (Louise)
- Members of Fitness Australia.
But most of all....we enjoy helping people to improve their health & well-being so that they can get the most out of life!